Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mo's Challenge # 230



New Beginnings!

That's the theme for Mo's Challenge for the next two weeks! There are so many new beginnings in our lives...new jobs, retirement, graduations, babies, marriages...the list goes on! 


I'm often asked  for cards for baby showers, but this is the first time I've used an image that was so perfect for the occasion. Isn't this baby adorable? 
I paper-pieced the outside of the umbrella then mimicked the polka dots on the inside using a Copic blender marker. The image and sentiment tag are popped up with mounting tape.

Images: "Baby Shower" from Mo's Digital Pencil Too, Digital sentiment

Tools: Copics, White gel pen, Cuttlebug with Oval dies and Embossing folder, Mounting tape

Paper: SU! Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Neenah white

Embellishments: Grosgrain ribbon, flowers from WOC

We'd love to have you join us in Mo's Challenge with your "New Beginnings" creation! The challenge runs for two weeks, and you might just win a $5.00 gift certificate to Mo's Digital Pencil Too!
Hope to see you there!
Elaine
######################################


Here's a card I did recently using ADFD image. I'm entering it in their current challenge.


Our daughter is giving it to our granddaughter's instructor to thank her for all her efforts.

4 comments:

  1. So sweet Elaine. I love his rosy cheeks and your wonderful embossed background. Your second card is precious. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine, sorry not got around sooner.
    loved the theme for our challenge.
    your card is precious, Beautiful colouring and love the umbrella.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops!!! sorry forgot to add I love your second card, My daughters and grandaughter would love it too...all horsey girls.
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog. I just had to leave out the ampersand. Would you consider adding the gadget that allows someone to follow via email subscription? It makes it so much easier when new posts come right to one's inbox. Thanks. I love this card. The colors are wonderful. Now to check out the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete